Bora Bora Bliss: Your Dream Escape Awaits at the InterContinental Resort

InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa By IHG French Polynesia

InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa By IHG French Polynesia

Bora Bora Bliss: Your Dream Escape Awaits at the InterContinental Resort

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Bora Bora Bliss: Your Dream Escape at the InterContinental Resort. And trust me, after living this experience… well, let’s just say I've got opinions. This isn't your average, sterile hotel review. This is the raw, the real, the slightly sunburnt truth. So grab a pineapple smoothie, and let’s get messy.

First Impressions: That "OMG, I'm Actually Here" Moment (And the Airport Shuffle)

Alright, so you've seen the photos, right? Turquoise water, overwater bungalows… the works. And let me tell you, the reality of Bora Bora? It slaps you in the face. In the best way possible. The airport (a tiny, adorable thing of a place) is the first hint you're entering paradise. The InterContinental is… well, getting there involves a boat. And THAT, my friends, is your first "wow" moment. The resort shuttles, so you're good to go. Just make sure you have appropriate transfer, it's important, because you do not want to deal with any extra baggage and not knowing what to do.

Accessibility: Making Dreams Accessible (Mostly)

Okay, let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way. This review is based on the information provided, and the resort claims to be accessible. They offer facilities for disabled guests, elevator, and a safe transportation service. The hotel also has facilities for disabled guests - This is huge, and super important to me because I want everyone to experience the resort.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, Even When You're Barely Dressed

Let's be real: 2024 is all about hygiene. The InterContinental gets this. They're boasting anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays… the whole deal. There's hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocol, and seriously, the place just feels clean. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I felt perfectly comfortable wandering around in a bikini all day. They do an amazing job.

The Rooms: Where Does One Even BEGIN?!

Okay, the rooms. Prepare to weep. Seriously. My overwater bungalow… was basically a palace. They have Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities (praise be!), Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The Internet access – wireless and Wi-Fi [free] were lifesavers for snapping Instagram-worthy pics. I mean, they even have a scale. Which, let's be honest, is a cruel joke after all that delicious food. They go above and beyond. Non-smoking rooms? Check. Seriously, a dream. Just a goddamn dream.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach's Version of Paradise

Right, let's talk about the important stuff: food. The InterContinental has got this DOWN. They offer A la carte restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Oh, and did I mention the poolside bar? Okay, so the breakfast buffet was an absolute beast. The coffee shop… well, I visited it more than once. The room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver after a few too many Mai Tais.

Things to Do (Besides, You Know, Existing in Paradise)

Okay, so you're not just going to float in an overwater bungalow the entire time (though I wouldn't blame you). The InterContinental offers a TON of stuff. I went all in. There's the Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. They had Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, and the whole shebang. I practically lived at the spa. The sauna was a great way to sweat out all the fancy cocktails I'd downed. The Swimming pool [outdoor]… well, need I say more? You’ve got to experience it! There's also the obvious stuff – swimming, snorkeling, just staring at the water until your brain melts.

Services and Conveniences: All the Extras, Baby!

They have Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, and Xerox/fax in business center. Basically, anything you could possibly want, they’ve got it. The concierge was my best friend for booking excursions.

For the Kids: Well, I'm Not a Kid, But…

I'm not a parent, but I saw plenty of families enjoying themselves. They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Kids meal. So rest assured, it's family friendly.

The "What About the Imperfections?" Section (Because Let's Get Real)

Okay, no place is perfect. Here's the truth: sometimes the boat transfers were a little slow. Also, that scale in the bathroom? A constant reminder. BUT, honestly, the incredible experience made up for it.

The Verdict: Book It. Seriously. Book It Now.

Look, I'm not one for hyperbole. But Bora Bora Bliss at the InterContinental? It lives up to the hype. The staff? Amazing. The food? Divine. The scenery? Out of this world. It's more expensive than your average weekend jaunt, but if you're looking for a truly unforgettable escape, a place to recharge, and to finally stop looking at those god-awful photos and actually live the paradise… then this is it.

SEO Keywords (just in case Google is watching): Bora Bora, InterContinental Resort, overwater bungalow, luxury resort, French Polynesia, romantic getaway, spa, swimming pool, honeymoon, family vacation, accessible hotel, Bora Bora reviews, best Bora Bora hotels, Bora Bora deals, Bora Bora Bliss, Bora Bora honeymoon, vacation, travel, resort.


Bora Bora Bliss: Your Dream Escape Awaits - Book Now!

Stop Dreaming, Start Living!

Imagine this: you, nestled in an overwater bungalow at the InterContinental Resort, Bora Bora. The turquoise water laps beneath you, the sun kisses your skin, and every single moment is pure, unadulterated bliss.

Here's Why You NEED to Book Now:

  • Unrivaled Access to Paradise: Direct flights and convenient transfers whisk you away to a world of pure beauty. (And yes, there are accessible options available!)
  • Indulge Your Senses: From award-winning restaurants serving world-class cuisine to a luxurious spa offering rejuvenating treatments, every day is a celebration.
  • Unforgettable Experiences: Snorkel in crystal-clear waters, explore the lagoon, and soak up the sun. Or, simply relax and lose yourself in the breathtaking views.
  • Safety and Peace of Mind: Enjoy your vacation worry-free, knowing that cleanliness and safety are top priorities.

Ready to Experience Your Dream Escape? Our Exclusive Offer:

  • **
Antwerp's Hidden Gem: Tulip Inn's Unbeatable Charm!

Book Now

InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa By IHG French Polynesia

Alright, Bora Bora, baby! I'm talking about pure, unadulterated bliss here…or at least, that's the plan. Here's the messy, unfiltered, and hopefully hilarious itinerary for my stay at the InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa (because, let's be honest, "Thalasso Spa" sounds ridiculously fancy, right? I’m already feeling judged by all the perfectly tanned Instagram influencers.)

Day 1: Arrival and…Panic-Induced Overthinking

  • 9:00 AM (ish) – Papeete, Tahiti Airport: Ugh, the flight was a red eye, so I'm running on fumes. First impressions? Humidity. A LOT of humidity. And the smell. Heaven. Like, actual heaven mixed with a hint of sunscreen and plumeria. Okay, the baggage claim is a zoo – everyone looks impeccably dressed except me, who's currently wrestling with my overstuffed carry-on.
  • 10:30 AM – Transfer by boat: Seriously, the boat ride alone could be a headline. The water is that turquoise you only dream about. Picture me, slack-jawed, practically drooling, and trying desperately to capture it all on my phone. (Spoiler alert: My photos will look nothing like reality.) The crew is ridiculously friendly, showering us with flower leis and a level of hospitality that’s frankly intimidating. Like, are these people REALLY this happy all the time? What's their secret?!
  • 11:30 AM – InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa – Arrival & Initial Freak-Out: Okay, so the resort is…insane. Overwater bungalows? Each one a tiny paradise seemingly suspended in the water. My bungalow better have a good view. I'm already imagining the Instagrams. The front desk is all smiles. I am not. Where's my freaking welcome cocktail?! I'm basically a sweaty, jet-lagged mess. My luggage hasn't arrived, and I have no idea where to go. I'm already making decisions I regret. (I'd planned to be this relaxed, Zen traveler, but instead, I'm a sweaty disaster.)
  • 1:00 PM – Bungalow Recon: Okay, the bungalow is AMAZING. Truly. The glass floor lets you see the fish swimming beneath. I immediately drop my phone in the toilet (small panic attack) and almost trip over the pristine white bedding. Showering felt amazing, and I now smell like tropical fruits.
  • 3:00 PM – Lunch at the Reef Restaurant: This is where the real potential for Instagram drama begins. I’m trying to look sophisticated while attempting to decipher the French names on the menu. Ordering some prawns, which I discover, are the size of my forearm. I spend the entire meal trying not to look like a complete tourist and failing miserably. I get a bit of a sunburn on my nose.
  • 5:00 PM – Sunset Watching…and Philosophical Crisis: Found the perfect spot on the beach. Watching the sun sink into the ocean is…well, it's a cliché, but it's also breathtaking. Honestly. I'm starting to think this whole "stressful city life" thing might be overrated. Contemplate the meaning of life, the universe, and whether I should order a second piña colada. (Spoiler alert: I did.)

Day 2: Under the Sea (and Over My Head)

  • 9:00 AM – Breakfast (Finally!): The breakfast buffet is a triumph. Fresh fruit, pastries, everything you could possibly want. I go back for seconds…and thirds. I vow to start eating healthier "tomorrow."
  • 10:00 AM – Snorkeling Adventure: Booked a snorkeling trip. Apparently, Bora Bora is famous for its marine life. Excited (and a little scared) of the sharks. I look like a total dork in my snorkel gear, but I don’t care. Seeing the coral and fish is mind-blowing. I may have gotten a bit too close to a sea turtle and almost had a heart attack when it stared back.
  • 12:00 PM – Lunch at the Bubbles Restaurant on the beach The food is amazing. Fresh seafood and local produce. I'm starting to think I could live on the beach forever.
  • 2:00 PM – Thalasso Spa…The Pinnacle of Overindulgence: This is where it got real. The spa itself is overwater. It's like walking into another world. I go for the "Bora Bora Bliss" massage – basically an hour and a half of pure, muscle-melting magic. The therapist is amazing. I'm now convinced I've achieved peak relaxation and will probably never be stressed again. (I'm probably wrong, but let me enjoy the moment.) Afterward, I sip herbal tea and pretend to be effortlessly elegant.
  • 5:00 PM – Sunset Cruise: More water! More beauty! More cocktails! I watch the sunset onboard a catamaran. The sunset is so unbelievably gorgeous it’s almost painful. I'm starting to think I might actually shed a tear or two. The wind, the colors, it's overwhelming. This might be the most romantic thing I've ever experienced, and I'm here all alone.
  • 7:00 PM – Dinner at the Lagoon Restaurant: The food is amazing. The service is perfect. I try to engage in conversations with some fellow guests, but keep forgetting I’m supposed to be in a romantic comedy and not a horror film.

Day 3: Exploring Paradise and Embracing the Mess

  • 9:00 AM – Attempted Jet Skiing: I've always wanted to ride a jet ski. It's on my 'bucket list'. It was exhilarating and terrifying all at once. I almost lost control. It was probably more hilarious than impressive.
  • 11:00 AM – Island Tour: A jeep tour around the island, which proves to be an excellent way to see the "real" Bora Bora. I meet some of the local population, and learn a little about their culture and traditions.
  • 1:00 PM – Lunch at a local restaurant (outside the resort): Finally, I dare to try something more authentic. We visit a small family-run restaurant. The food is amazing. Fresh fish seasoned beautifully. I feel so humbled and grateful to be tasting a meal like this.
  • 3:00 PM – Kayaking: I've decided to try a little kayaking in the lagoon. I am NOT a graceful kayaker. Let’s just say, I spend more time paddling in circles than actually going anywhere. (Note to self: maybe practice before you attempt to look cool.) The water is so clear, and the sun is warm on my skin. It’s perfect.
  • 5:00 PM – Sunset Watching…and a Moment of Clarity: Another sunset. I decide it's time to be honest about my trip. I have never, ever relaxed like this. And that's the beauty of this journey . Yes, there were a few stumbles, some awkward moments, and a whole lot of blissful confusion. But it was mine.
  • 7:00 PM – Farewell Dinner: The resort puts on one last special night for guests. A beautiful dinner and a traditional dance. I'm starting to feel a bit sad. I'm definitely not ready to go home.

Day 4: Departure…or, The Deepest Sadness

  • 8:00 AM – Farewell Breakfast (with a Side Order of Despair): I'm basically stuffing my face with as much food as possible, knowing it will be a while before I can get back to fresh tropical fruits and heavenly pastries.
  • 9:00 AM – Last Swim…and a Final Attempt to Soak It All In: One last dip in the ocean, one last look at the turquoise water. I feel like I've left a piece of my heart here.
  • 11:00 AM – Transfer to the airport: The boat ride back to the airport feels like a gut punch. The weather is still perfect, so I know I need to come back.
  • 1:00 PM – The plane: I sit on the plane, filled with a mixture of sadness and gratitude. I look back at my photos, and they don't do justice to the actual experience. But I'm okay with that. The memories are mine, and that's what matters.

Post-Trip Reflections:

  • The Verdict: Bora Bora is everything you've ever dreamed of and more. It's a true paradise.
  • The Imperfections: I overthought, overate, and occasionally looked like a complete idiot. But that's part of the fun.
  • The Takeaway: Go. Just go. And don't be afraid to embrace the mess. You might just fall in love with it. And the place. And maybe, just maybe, with yourself. (Or at least, a very relaxed, well-fed version of yourself.) And oh yeah, book that Thalasso Spa treatment. You won't regret it.
Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Hotel, Onomichi's Hidden Gem

Book Now

InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa By IHG French Polynesia

Bora Bora Bliss: Your Dream Escape - FAQ (with a Dose of Reality)

Okay, so, Bora Bora... Is it REALLY as perfect as the Instagram pictures suggest?

Alright, buckle up buttercup. The pictures? They're stunning. The turquoise water? Unreal. But... perfection? Nope. Let's be honest, my luggage got lost for 24 hours. Twenty-four glorious, beach-less hours staring at the ceiling wondering if anyone even *knew* where my swimsuit was. My first thought was, "This is supposed to be paradise?!" Followed by a frantic search of all the shops where I would only buy a ridiculously priced bathing suit, which, of course, I had to!

Bora Bora is incredibly beautiful, yes. The sunsets? Majestic. The overwater bungalows? Seriously, they're the stuff of dreams. Waking up to that view? Instant serotonin boost! But there's also the reality: the occasional rain shower (which, honestly, can be quite lovely, even when you're *really* hoping for sun), the slightly-too-frequent price gouging on everything (that bottle of water is going to cost you!), and the fact that you'll probably sunburn *something* no matter how careful you are. So, yes, it's paradise, but with a healthy dose of... well, life.

What's the deal with those Overwater Bungalows? Are they worth the hype (and the price tag)?

Okay, overwater bungalows. Here’s the dirt (or should I say, the sand?): YES. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES. I mean, come on! Imagine this: you wake up, bleary-eyed and still half asleep, stumble out onto your private deck, and *bam!* crystal-clear water right below you, teeming with colorful fish. You pour yourself a cup of coffee (or, let's be real, a mimosa), perch on the edge of your deck, and just... *breathe.* It's like being in a James Bond movie, but less explosions and more... relaxation.

The price tag does sting, though. Ouch. But if you can swing it, DO IT. It's a completely different experience than a regular hotel room. You're closer to the water, the privacy is amazing, and yeah, the little glass floor sections are endlessly fascinating for spying on the marine life. Just, uh, maybe watch out for the tiny geckos that *will* find their way in. Cute at first, less cute at 3 am when you're suddenly convinced one has crawled into your ear. But still worth it. Absolutely.

What's there to *do* in Bora Bora besides, you know, exist in a state of perfect relaxation?

Besides existing in a state of pure, unadulterated bliss? (Which is, let's be honest, a pretty good option). You have options! There's snorkeling (duh!), diving (if you're into that whole breathing-underwater thing, which I am not), jet skiing (thrilling, until you realize how utterly uncoordinated you are; I almost fell in on the first turn, much to the amusement of my husband!), and of course, lagoon tours.

The lagoon tours are a MUST. They usually involve swimming with sharks (yes, really – they feed them!), swimming with stingrays (those guys are friendlier), and visiting a coral garden. It's an incredible experience, even if you are just a little bit terrified of everything. I'm not going to lie, being surrounded by sharks did not initially fill me with joy, I was more concerned making sure I didn't make them think I was dinner, but the guides were phenomenal - knowledgeable, reassuring, and actually pretty funny. They even showed us how to hold a stingray - it felt weirdly like holding a big, floppy pancake. It was unforgettable.

Food and Drink – Is it any good? (And, more importantly, is it *expensive*?)

Okay, the food and drink situation. Yes, it’s good! French influence is *everywhere*. The baguettes are incredible, the pastries are to die for, and the seafood? Fresh as can be. The cocktails are, of course, beautifully presented and dangerously drinkable – a *must* for all concerned.

But… (there’s always a “but,” isn’t there?). Yes, it’s expensive. So, *so* expensive. Like, "consider taking out a second mortgage to pay for a single meal" expensive. You're mostly looking at imported goods and shipping costs, and the resort prices are… well, they’re what you'd expect. My advice? Embrace the occasional splurge, pack some snacks (the secret to surviving!), and maybe, just maybe, try to find some local food carts for a more authentic and budget-friendly experience (they exist!). My favorite? The *poisson cru* – raw tuna marinated in lime juice and coconut milk. Divine!

Is the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa the right choice?

Ah, the big question. The InterContinental Thalasso? Yes, it’s fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. The Thalasso Spa itself? Pure bliss. Seriously, I could have spent a week just in the spa. The overwater bungalows are luxurious, the service is impeccable, and the views… well, you already know the views are stunning. The only real drawback?

The price. Again. Like I've said, it's not cheap. But, again, is it worth it? Absolutely. Consider it an investment in your sanity and happiness. I was there during a particularly stressful time, and the Thalasso Spa was an absolute lifesaver. The treatments were heavenly, the staff were incredibly helpful and kind, and I left feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated. The coral gardens are easy to access, which is perfect for snorkeling, and the restaurants offer really wonderful dining – even if it’s a little more than you would normally pay for a single meal. If you can swing it, it's a stellar option. My advice: Start saving now!

Okay, I'm convinced! Best time to go?

Shoulder seasons are your friend! That means April - May and September - October. The weather is generally good, the crowds are smaller, and you might (might!) snag a slightly better deal. Remember, Bora Bora is gorgeous year-round, so don't let the weather forecast completely dictate your plans. Even a rainy day in Bora Bora beats a sunny day... well, anywhere else, really!

Any packing tips (besides the obvious, like a swimsuit)?

Oh, packing! I'm a terrible packer. But I’ve learned a few things the hard way. Sunscreen (and reapply frequently!), a hat, sunglasses, a rash guard (trust me, it protects your skin *and* looks stylish!). A waterproof phone case (for those underwater selfies!). And, most importantly: an adapter for your electronics. International outlets are not your friend, especially when you're desperately trying to charge your phone at 3amAround The World Hotels

InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa By IHG French Polynesia

InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa By IHG French Polynesia