
Pamplona's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You WON'T Believe This!)
Pamplona's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You WON'T Believe This!) - A Real, Honest Take!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Pamplona. And let me tell you, "Express" doesn't even begin to cover the rollercoaster of emotions I experienced. This isn't your typical sterile, bullet-point review. This is the raw, unfiltered truth.
The Basics: Accessibility & The "Stuff" (That Actually Matters)
First things first: accessibility. This is something that actually gets me fired up. I'm happy to report that the Holiday Inn Express (HIE) Pamplona gets a solid thumbs up in this department. Wheelchair accessible is a big win, and they've clearly designed the space with accessibility in mind. I didn't personally need it, but I saw ramps, elevators, and what looked like thoughtfully designed rooms. HUGE plus in my book. And the fact that they have facilities for disabled guests is a real breath of fresh air.
They've obviously taken the whole COVID thing seriously, which is a massive relief. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Double check. Look, I'm not saying it's perfect, but they're trying, and I appreciate it. They've got hand sanitizer everywhere, and the team seem to be genuinely trained in safety protocol. Also, the cashless payment service is a godsend. One less thing to worry about! (I'm a total germaphobe!)
Internet: The Wi-Fi Saga (Spoiler Alert: It's Good!)
Okay, tech nerds, listen up. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Yes, you read that right!) And not just any Wi-Fi. This stuff actually works. I'm talking streaming Netflix without buffering, Zoom calls that didn't drop (a miracle), and the ability to actually get work done. There's also internet access [LAN] in the rooms, which I didn't even get to try because the Wi-Fi was so freakin' good. Seriously, Internet access – wireless is a huge selling point for me.
Room Sweet Room (and Some Minor Quirks)
My room? Comfortable. Clean. And packed with all the "essentials." Air conditioning? Yep. Blackout curtains? Thank goodness! I need my beauty sleep. Coffee/tea maker? YES! (Crucial for my sanity). They even had a refrigerator (perfect for my emergency chocolate stash). I had a desk for working, a safe box (I always use them), and a shower that actually had decent water pressure.
Now, here's where things get slightly less perfect. There was a slight… smell. Not a terrible smell, but a faint, "new carpet/cleaning product" kind of smell. Nothing that opened the window that opens couldn't solve! Plus, the design was a little… bland. Functional, but not exactly Instagram-worthy. But hey, I wasn't there to take pictures of my room! I was there to conquer Pamplona! And conquer I did, with a little help with complimentary tea, a scale, and the daily housekeeping, which I always appreciate.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Breakfast Bonanza (And a Coffee Shop That Saved My Sanity)
This is where the HIE really shines. Let's talk breakfast! Breakfast [buffet]? Absolutely. A buffet in restaurant with everything from pastries to eggs to, and here is where I got excited, REAL Spanish coffee/tea in restaurant! They understood the importance of a good caffeine fix. The breakfast takeaway service was perfect for grabbing something quick if you're in a rush. Plus, the coffee shop was a lifesaver in the early mornings (or anytime, really!).
I wasn't there for lunch or dinner, so I can't comment on the Asian cuisine in restaurant, or the availability of a salad in restaurant. But everything else? Spot on. A few late night trips later, the snack bar had everything I needed. The bottle of water upon arrival? Well, the little comforts are my weakness. They have a happy hour, which is always welcome! I didn't get the chance to try the poolside bar, But I will try it tonight!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Seriously, Though? Relax?)
Look, I was in Pamplona. I was there for the running of the bulls (okay, maybe just to watch from a safe distance). "Relaxation" wasn't really on my agenda. However, they did have a fitness center. I didn't go near it. Nope. Not after all that yummy food! I did see a terrace and a smoking area for the smokers amongst us (not me!). Let’s be honest. Pamplona isn't exactly a spa town.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
Okay, let’s talk details. The concierge was super helpful. Dry cleaning and laundry service? Essential after a day of exploring. Luggage storage was awesome, so I could explore Pamplona hands-free on my last day. The elevator was a godsend after all those stairs! Plus, they had currency exchange, which saved me a trip to the bank. The daily housekeeping made the room feel fresh (even with that faint carpet smell).
For The Kids (and the Kid in All of Us)
I didn't bring kids, but I noticed they were family/child friendly. There seem to be kids facilities, though I can't tell you much about them.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure (Very Important)
This is where the HIE really earned my trust. As I mentioned, the physical distancing of at least 1 meter was observed. The staff trained in safety protocol, which was obvious. The doctor/nurse on call was available if needed. The fire extinguisher and smoke alarms made me feel really safe. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property added to the peace of mind. Security [24-hour]? Yes, please!
The Offer You've Been Waiting For (Because You Know You Want To Book!)
Ready to Experience Pamplona Like a Pro? Book Your Stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Get Ready for an Adventure of a Lifetime!
Here's What You Get When You Book Through This Review:
- Guaranteed Best Rate: You'll be getting the lowest possible price.
- Free Wifi: Stay connected with complimentary high-speed internet.
- Delicious Included Breakfast: Start your day with a spread that's sure to please your taste buds.
- Prime Location: Easily explore the heart of Pamplona.
- Peace of Mind: Stay safe and secure with their top-notch cleanliness and safety protocols.
- More than just a room: It's an experience of comfort and care.
But Wait, There's More! Mention this review and we'll throw in a free bottle of wine to enjoy on your balcony (or, if you're like me, in your room in your pajamas!). Hurry, this offer is only valid for a limited time!
Click here to book your unforgettable Pamplona getaway now! [Insert Affiliate Link Here]
Final Verdict: The Holiday Inn Express in Pamplona? Totally Worth It.
Look, it's not a luxury resort. But it's comfortable, clean, conveniently located, and the breakfast is amazing. The staff are friendly, the Wi-Fi is fantastic, and they’ve clearly made an effort to keep everything safe. It’s the perfect base camp for exploring Pamplona and experiencing everything this amazing city has to offer.
So, if you're looking for a solid hotel that won't break the bank, the Holiday Inn Express in Pamplona is a great choice. You won’t regret it (even if the carpet smell is there… just open the window!). Go, explore, and have an amazing time!
Unbelievable Lodge in Malaysia: OYO 89457 682 Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this Pamplona trip… well, it's gonna be a rollercoaster. Picture this: me, perpetually stressed and hopelessly optimistic, navigating the supposed "charm" of northern Spain. And the Holiday Inn Express? My base camp, my fortress of (hopefully) clean sheets and free breakfast. Here's the glorious, messy, and frankly, dramatic itinerary that's probably going to go completely sideways.
Day 1: Arrival and the Perils of the Airport
Time: Afternoon (After, like, a nightmare of a flight).
Event: Arrive at Pamplona Airport (PNA). Struggle with the rental car. Endure the intense glare of the Spanish sun. Finally, get to the hotel.
Transportation: Plane (a flying tin can of questionable hygiene), rental car (pray for my sanity).
Anecdote: The flight? Don't even get me started. Smelly guy in the row behind me kept clipping his nails, like, loudly. My noise-canceling headphones? Forgot them. Classic. Reached Pamplona after an eternity. The rental car? Let's just say my Spanish is rusty, and the parking signs might as well be hieroglyphs. I swear, I almost reversed into a very judgmental-looking elderly woman.
Impression: Holiday Inn Express. The lobby looks clean, thank god. Air conditioning is a precious commodity right now. The receptionist seems amused by my frazzled state. I’m already contemplating the free breakfast—that’s the real reason I chose a chain, let's be honest.
Lunch: I'm starving. Found some tapas place near the hotel.
Impression: The tapas were fine. Overpriced. The atmosphere? Lively, but also a touch overwhelming. I managed to spill red wine down my shirt. Fashion icon, that's me.
Evening: Settle in. A shower is mandatory. Dinner at a local restaurant recommended by the hotel. Probably a paella joint, because, you know, Spain.
Anecdote: The hotel room is surprisingly decent. The bed… looks promising. The shower pressure? Unimpressive. And this "smart TV"… I think the instructions are written in ancient Martian. Dinner was a whole mood. The paella was okay, the conversations were non-existent. The evening ended in a walk around the old part of town.
Emotional/Quirky Reaction: Relief. Sheer, unadulterated relief. I think I might cry a little just from not being in an airport. Excited for the paella though!!
Day 2: Pamplona's Heart & Soul (and My Potential for Embarrassment)
Time: Mornings, all the mornings.
Event: Explore the old town, trying to seem cultured, and actually experience the Plaza del Castillo, the epicenter. Find a nice coffee place.
Transportation: My unreliable feet.
Anecdote: This is where the fun might begin. I'm planning on visiting the Plaza del Castillo, the heart of Pamplona. I can already feel myself awkwardly bumping into someone while trying to take artistic photos. I will definitely get lost, probably several times. May attempt to order coffee in Spanish… Prepare yourselves, world. It may sound like I'm summoning a demon.
Impression: The architecture is beautiful, seriously. The sense of history is palpable. This plaza is something. But I swear, every single person seems to know where they're going except me.
Lunch: More tapas, because…Spain! But this time, I'm determined to try something I haven't embarrassingly spilled all over myself.
Emotional/Quirky Reaction: The Plaza del Castillo? Overwhelming. In a good way, but also a "where's the exit?" kind of way. I felt like a tiny, clueless tourist amid a sea of confident locals. The coffee? Undrinkable. (Sorry, Spain.)
Afternoon: The bullring. I think I might actually scream.
Anecdote: Okay, so I might have been a little too adventurous with the bullring thing. It's imposing, brutal, and I'm pretty sure I felt a pang of empathy for the bull (even though I know, intellectually, it's a highly complex topic). The whole thing is a bit much.
Emotional/Quirky Reaction: The bullring? Terrifying. In a way that I can't entirely articulate. A little bit of sadness, a large amount of awe, and an overwhelming desire to go back to the hotel and have a lie-down.
Evening: Dinner at a restaurant. Attempting to order in Spanish…again. Pray for everyone involved.
Impression: Dinner went pretty well, surprisingly. I didn’t botch the Spanish too badly. The food was lovely, the atmosphere was nice, and I’m starting to feel slightly less like an imposter. The waiter was kind.
Stupid Moment: The waiter thought my accent was hilarious. (He was right.)
Day 3: A Deep Dive…Into the Free Breakfast (and Maybe Some Culture)
- Time: The entire morning.
- Event: Devour the free breakfast buffet at the Holiday Inn Express. Do battle with the coffee machine. Decide it's time to attempt a day trip.
- Transportation: Hotel, then who knows?
- Anecdote: This is probably the highlight of my trip. The free breakfast? A treasure trove of questionable pastries, suspiciously orange juice, and hopefully, edible coffee. I hope they have bacon! It's the simple things, people. The coffee machine will likely be a battle of wills. I've already scoped out the yogurt options.
- Impression: Okay, so the breakfast was actually pretty good. The orange juice? Still suspicious. The coffee? Brewed to perfection. The yogurt? Delicious. I should probably buy some to survive.
- Lunch: Somewhere, somewhere. Probably sandwiches and some bottled water, since I'm on my own today.
- Afternoon: Day trip to somewhere! I'll most likely end up lost and slightly stressed.
- Rambling: Planning to go to somewhere. I'm thinking… maybe the Basque Country. It's beautiful isn't it? So I need to get my act together, find a map (or, you know, just get hopelessly lost and ask someone for directions), and get going. I'm sure it'll be an adventure.
- Evening: Back at the hotel. Probably, a very early night planned. The next day? The final leg.
- Emotional/Quirky Reaction: So tired. So full of yogurt and pastries. So ready to collapse in a heap on that surprisingly comfortable bed. I'm starting to think my itinerary is a suggestion. Maybe I'll just stay put and have another helping of that questionable orange juice.
Day 4: Farewell Pamplona (And The Sweet Release of Home)
- Time: Morning.
- Event: One last sad breakfast. Check out. Attempt to navigate the airport without a complete meltdown.
- Transportation: Rental car to the airport, plane back home.
- Anecdote: The final breakfast. Tears might be shed. Check out will be a blur. The airport? That's where I truly expect to fall apart. Probably going to forget my passport. Definitely going to be late. The memories?
- Impression: The airport? A frantic, sweaty dash to the gate. The plane? The sweet, sweet sound of the seatbelt sign.
- Emotional/Quirky Reaction: Homesickness, an enormous sense of relief, and a profound appreciation for the simple comforts of home. I will definitely miss the tapas though. And I hope the Holiday Inn Express staff forgive me for the chaos I brought upon their doorstep.
- Final thought: Would I do it again? Absolutely. Even with all the stress, the mishaps, the near-death experiences with the rental car, and the (apparently) terrible coffee. Spain, you beautiful, chaotic, endlessly entertaining country, I'll be back. Just maybe… I'll take a different flight next time.

Pamplona's Holiday Inn Express: The Truth (and Some Ramblings!)
Okay, spill the beans! Is this Holiday Inn Express really as bad as some people say?
Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups. Depends on your definition of "bad." Look, it's a Holiday Inn Express. Let's not kid ourselves, we're not booking into the Ritz. I went in with tempered expectations – knowing I'd be close to the Running of the Bulls (or just *near* them, considering my athletic prowess is… questionable). But let me tell you, it was a rollercoaster. Sometimes the rollercoaster was smooth, sometimes it felt like a rusty death trap.
It's not the Taj Mahal, but honestly... for the price and location, it *mostly* does the job. Mostly. More on that later.
Let's talk location! Is it actually convenient for the San Fermín festival?
Okay, BEST thing about this place? LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Seriously, you stumble out the door, and you're basically *there*. Well, maybe a brisk five-minute walk. You *can* hear the faint roar of the crowd - a good and bad thing. The good? You know the party is starting. The bad? You know the party is starting, and it's going to be LOUD.
I literally crawled back to the hotel one bleary-eyed morning after a particularly enthusiastic night, and I was buzzing with glee. It's close to the action, close to the bars, close to… everything horrifyingly and wonderfully messy about San Fermín. Think slightly inebriated, stumbling distance. It saves on taxis, trust me.
The Breakfast Buffet: Worth the Hype (or the Hangover)?
Ah, breakfast. The make-or-break meal for the hungover traveler. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast...isn't gourmet. It's the stuff dreams are made of if your dreams involve industrial quantities of coffee and slightly overripe fruit.
Here's the thing: it *works*. You get your scrambled eggs (sometimes questionable, I won't lie), your pastries (somehow always stale), and your coffee (that keeps you going). I'm slightly obsessed wih the juice machine. The quality varies, but they definitely have the essentials. It's a solid, fuel-up-before-you-face-the-insanity kind of breakfast. Lower your expectations, and you'll be alright. Maybe even pleasantly surprised (especially after the night before).
Pro-tip: Get there early. The pastries disappear with alarming speed.
The Rooms: Are they clean? Are they tiny? The big reveal?
Okay. Here's where it gets a little...dicey. The rooms are functional. "Spacious" is not a word I'd use. "Basic," maybe. They're clean-ish. Let's put it that way. I definitely brought my own disinfectant wipes after reading some reviews.
I remember one time, I wanted a place to sit, which I did, on one of the chairs, and it almost crumbled. I'd say they're definitely showing their age. Don't expect luxury. Do expect a place to shower, crash, and maybe, just maybe, get a few hours of sleep before the next round of madness. As a side note: the air conditioning has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it decides to blast arctic air at 3 AM. Pack your earplugs AND a blanket.
Did you encounter any...interesting characters?
Oh, this is the *best* part! San Fermín is a magnet for the eccentric, the adventurous, and the gloriously tipsy. The Holiday Inn Express? A perfect viewing platform. I met a guy who tried to bring a *live chicken* into the breakfast room. (He was VERY disappointed by the lack of a "chicken-friendly" policy, I might add.) I met a group of Australians who thought it was acceptable to yodel at 3 AM.
Seriously. The hotel staff? Bless their hearts. They've seen it all. It's a people-watching paradise. Bring your camera (and a sense of humor).
The Staff: Are they helpful, or are they just trying to survive?
Honestly? They're heroes. Absolute, sleep-deprived heroes. They're dealing with a constant stream of hungover, excited, sometimes slightly belligerent tourists. But they're usually polite, helpful, and somehow manage to keep a smile on their faces.
I had a problem with my key card, they were instantly friendly and helpful. So, massive props to the staff. They deserve a medal... and a very long vacation after San Fermín.
So... Would you stay there again? The Ultimate Verdict!
Okay, here's the deal. Yes. I would. *But*. It's not about luxury. It's about the location. It's about the convenience. It's about the shared experience of enduring San Fermín alongside a bunch of equally sleep-deprived, slightly crazed people.
If you're looking for a spa, forget it. If you're looking for peace and quiet, RUN. But if you want a decent basecamp for the most insane, exhilarating experience of your life, then the Holiday Inn Express in Pamplona is a solid choice. Just pack earplugs, disinfectant wipes, and a sense of adventure. It's not perfect, but that's part of its charm, honestly. It's a bloody good time, but don't expect them to be perfect. They're just... *there*. And, honestly, that's all you need.

