
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Celestiial, Candolim's Luxury Awaits
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Celestiial, Candolim - Is Luxury Actually Worth It? My Messy, Honest Review.
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Hotel Celestiial in Candolim, and let me tell you, it's a LOT. Forget perfectly curated Instagram feeds, this is the real, unfiltered deal. I’m talking about the kind of review that includes the good, the bad, the slightly-burnt-breakfast-buffet, and everything in between. And hey, I even learned some things about myself…and about luxury resorts. Get ready for it!
First Impressions: So…Shiny.
Okay, let's be real. The Celestiial screams luxury. Think gleaming marble, impossibly polite staff (who, bless their hearts, put up with everything), and…well, everything looks like a million bucks. From the moment you step out of your airport transfer (Airport transfer? Yes, please!), the air is thick with the promise of relaxation. They have a dedicated area to check in, so it feels slightly private and personal, which is a plus in this day and age (Contactless check-in/out is available too, but I definitely needed a human). The exterior is gorgeous and boasts Security [24-hour]. They also got CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, and Fire extinguisher so safety is covered.
Accessibility? Sort Of. Kinda. (Needs Work, TBH)
This is where things get a tiny bit murky. While the hotel boasts "Facilities for disabled guests" and has an Elevator, calling it "accessible" across the board is a stretch. I saw ramps, but the pathways to the beach weren't the most accessible. If mobility is a major concern, I'd recommend calling ahead and being very specific about your needs. Don't just assume it's perfect. Ask questions!
Rooms: My Cozy, Little Sanctuary…with a Few Quirks
My room. Oh, my room. It was…well, it was stunning. They've got Non-smoking rooms and Soundproof rooms (thank goodness!). I'm talking spacious, with a desk large enough to actually work at (a lifesaver!), plush bathrobes, and a bathtub that was just calling my name after a long day. My room also had Air conditioning, Hair dryer, Slippers, Separate shower/bathtub, Telephone, Mini bar, In-room safe box, Tea/coffee maker, Daily housekeeping, Free bottled water, Towels, Blackout curtains.
The Wi-Fi [free] was a godsend (and available in all rooms! – a huge win!), though the Internet access – LAN felt a bit… archaic. Who uses LAN anymore?! But hey I can Ironing facilities if needed. The best part? The bed. Seriously. The extra long bed was like sleeping on a cloud, and I actually got some decent sleep. The Alarm clock was handy, and so were the Wake-up service, but I'd rather have slept through them.
The Food: A Rollercoaster of Yum and…Meh.
Okay, let's cut to the chase: I'm a foodie. And the dining at Celestiial…was a mixed bag.
Breakfast [buffet]: This was the cornerstone of my day. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast were both available which I really liked. Some days it was an absolute triumph! Think perfectly fluffy pancakes, crispy bacon, and fresh fruit that tasted like sunshine. Other days…well, let's just say the eggs were a bit rubbery, and the coffee tasted suspiciously like dishwater. Coffee/tea in restaurant was always available, at least. I did love the Breakfast in room option on those mornings when I just couldn't bring myself to face the masses. Breakfast takeaway service was a nice touch too.
Restaurants: They have Restaurants offering Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and Vegetarian restaurant. The A la carte in restaurant options were generally better than the buffet, with some genuinely delicious dishes, so I would recommend it.
Drinks: The Poolside bar was my happy place, especially during Happy hour. Coffee shop served up some decent caffeine hits. Plus, Bottle of water was regularly replenished in my room.
Overall Dining Experience: My advice? Don't be afraid to order Room service [24-hour] when the mood strikes, or go for the a la carte but remember, a lot of the food is…prepared. So just be aware.
Ways to Relax: Heaven…and a Touch of Overwhelm.
Okay, this is where Celestiial truly shines. You're here to relax, right? Well, you won't be disappointed.
The Pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. Pool with view is a reality, and I spent a lot of time there. I seriously considered setting up permanent residence.
The Spa: Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, the works. I got a massage, and it was…transcendent. I literally melted. Worth every penny. The Sauna was great. The Spa itself was a sanctuary, but the sheer choice of treatments was almost overwhelming. I wanted to try everything! (And probably spent far too much.)
The Gym/fitness: I actually went to the Fitness center a couple of times. It was decent, but I quickly decided that sunbathing was a far more effective form of exercise.
Things to Do…or Not Do:
- Stuff to Do: They have some great things to do Things to do that include Meetings, Seminars, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Indoor venue for special events plus plenty of options for the lazy traveler.
- Things to Avoid: Trying to pack too much into your day. Seriously, just chill. You're in paradise, embrace the laziness. And maybe skip the early morning Zumba class (just a friendly tip).
Cleanliness and Safety: They Are Taking It Seriously
I was impressed by the measures the hotel took for Cleanliness and safety. I really felt safe. They use Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer and Professional-grade sanitizing services meaning that you can focus on chilling. There's a Doctor/nurse on call too, which is always reassuring. Rooms sanitized between stays and Staff trained in safety protocol. They're definitely doing all the right things.
Service & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (Mostly)
- The Good: The Concierge was amazing; they helped me with everything from booking tours to finding the best restaurants. Luggage storage was convenient. Cash withdrawal available. Doorman and Front desk [24-hour] always available.
- The…Less Good: Sometimes, the service felt a bit too formal. It was a bit of a contrast from the laid-back beach vibe. The Invoice provided was clear and accurate. Laundry service and Dry cleaning were good but pricey. Pet is allowed unavailable, which is a shame, as I love to travel with my dog.
For the Kids: Mixed Reviews
I didn't travel with kids myself, but I saw the Kids facilities and the Babysitting service. The place seemed really Family/child friendly and the kids looked as happy as I did. they also have Kids meal.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
- My Car park [free of charge] was a game-changer. Car park [on-site] is also available. I had my own Bicycle parking and used Taxi service. You could even take the Airport transfer if needed.
The Bottom Line: Is Celestiial Worth It?
Look, Celestiial isn't perfect. There's some luxury-related stuff to be ironed out, the food can be hit-or-miss, and it's definitely not budget-friendly. But…
My honest verdict? YES.
If you're looking for a truly luxurious escape, a place to recharge, to pamper yourself, and to get away from the everyday grind, then Hotel Celestiial is a fantastic choice. Just go in knowing it's not perfect, embrace the imperfections, and be prepared to fall head-over-heels with the Swimming pool [outdoor]!
Here’s My Absolutely Unmissable Offer Just For You!
Escape to Paradise: Your All-Inclusive Luxury Getaway at Hotel Celestiial, Candolim!
Are you dreaming of sun-drenched beaches, blissful spa treatments, and evenings filled with delicious food and cocktails? Then look no further!
**Book Your Stay at Hotel Celestiial Now and Receive
Escape to Paradise: Harbour Oriental Hotel's Unforgettable China Getaway
Hotel Celestial, Candolim: My Messy, Glorious Escape (and the Mosquitoes I Wouldn't Trade)
Okay, so I'm back. Back from Goa. Back from Hotel Celestial. And my brain? Still humming with the aftershocks of sunshine, spicy food, and the relentless (and I mean relentless) mosquito attacks. This isn't just a travel itinerary; it's the fragmented, gloriously chaotic memory of a week that's going to take a while to unpack. Buckle up, buttercups.
Pre-Trip Ramblings (because let's be honest, that's half the fun):
Packing? A disaster. I swear I spent more time agonizing over which swimsuit to bring than planning anything else. Turns out, the "perfect" swimsuit doesn't exist when you're perpetually covered in sand and smeared with sunscreen. And sunscreen… let's just say, I perfected the "lobster" look within 48 hours.
The Itinerary (More like a roadmap of delightful chaos):
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Room Hunt (and a near-meltdown)
- 10:00 AM: Landed in Dabolim Airport. The humidity hit me like a brick wall. I sweat profusely (glamorous, I know). Taxi to Hotel Celestial. The driver, bless his soul, seemed to think I was a VIP. Seriously, he navigated the chaotic roads of Goa like a pro.
- 11:30 AM: Check-in. The lobby? Gorgeous. That’s the good part, and well, the rest is a story. My first room? Facing the parking lot and smelling faintly of damp laundry. Complete and utter disappointment. I requested a "pool view" on my booking. And I am sorry, I was completely not happy with the first room.
- 12:00 PM: Meltdown averted. Thanks to the incredibly patient staff, I was finally upgraded to a room overlooking the pool. My savior!
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. The butter chicken? Divine. The garlic naan? Even better. I may have ordered seconds. Okay, maybe thirds. Don't judge me, I was hungry.
- 3:00 PM: Pool time! Bliss. Until… a rogue mosquito. This should have been the first sign…
- 5:00 PM: Wandered Candolim Beach. Stunning sunset. Briefly forgot about the lack of air conditioning. Took a ton of pictures.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a beach shack (more on this later… oh boy). Grilled prawns and Kingfisher beer. Life was perfect (briefly).
- 9:00 PM: Bedtime. And the mosquitoes decided to make their grand entrance. My room was infested. I spent the next hour battling them with a flimsy mosquito repellent and a prayer. I got like 2 hours of unbroken sleep.
Day 2: Beach Bliss (and the Continuing Mosquito Saga)
- 8:00 AM: Woke up feeling… itchy. Yep, the mosquitoes had their way. I was a mess.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Pancakes. Coffee. Needed the fuel for battle.
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Beach time. Lounging. Swimming. Sunbathing (with copious amounts of sunscreen, this time). Met a friendly stray dog who loved belly rubs. My heart melted.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch at a different beach shack (lesson learned? Apparently not). Fish thali. Amazing. Paid a premium for the "ocean view."
- 4:00 PM: Back to the pool. More swimming. More… mosquito attacks. I began to resent the tiny bloodsuckers.
- 6:00 PM: Attempted a massage at the hotel spa (needed it, badly). The masseuse was lovely, but I couldn't relax because I was still itchy from the mosquitoes.
- 7:30 PM: Back at the hotel. This time, I have changed rooms. The staff are a joke. They are so friendly. But, its the mosquitoes again, sigh! I think, it’s a conspiracy.
- 9:00 PM: Early night. Desperate to get past mosquitoes.
Day 3: Exploring (and the Discovery of Perfection)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. A vow to spend the day mosquito-free.
- 10:00 AM: Hired a taxi for a day trip to Old Goa. Basilicas, history, beautiful architecture. Kind of a necessary cultural dose. I found it interesting. But also, the mosquitoes of Old Goa were just waiting for me!
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a lovely, tiny restaurant in Panjim. Local Goan food. I had no idea what half of it was, but I devoured it all.
- 3:00 PM: Back to Candolim.
- 4:00 PM: Found a tiny, PERFECT, little café. It was hidden away. Its name was "The Sunshine Shack." I had the best coffee of my life.
- 5:00 PM: Strolled along the beach, absolutely mesmerized.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner and more mosquito bites. I got a lot of them
Day 4: Doubling Down on Perfection (Mosquitoes be damned!)
Okay, so "The Sunshine Shack." This is where it gets messy. I’m talking full-blown, borderline obsession. I spent the entirety of Day 4 camped out there.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at "The Sunshine Shack." Coffee. Croissants.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Sat and absorbed the amazing ambiance. Read a book. Wrote in my journal. Watched the world go by.
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch at "The Sunshine Shack." Fresh fish.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: More coffee, more reading.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: More of the same.
- 6:00 PM: A torrential downpour. The kind that leaves you drenched in seconds. Didn't even care. It felt amazing.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at… you guessed it, "The Sunshine Shack." (If I could live there, forever, I totally would.)
- 9:00 PM: The mosquitoes are still at it, but I don’t even mind anymore
Day 5: A Beach Shack Disaster (and My Epic Rant)
Okay, here’s the confession. Remember those beach shacks I mentioned? Well, one of them – and I won't name names, but it’s the one with the dodgy wifi – almost ruined me.
- 10:00 AM: I have learned my mistake. Found another one.
- Rest of Day: This day was the most perfect!
Day 6: Pool Day and Final Preparations for Death by Mosquito
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at hotel
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM: Pool time. Sunshine. Relaxation.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Packing.
- 7:00 PM: Final Dinner
- 9:00 PM: More mosquito bites.
Day 7: Goodbye, Goa (and the Mosquitoes I Actually Miss)
- 9:00 AM: One last breakfast.
- 10:00 AM: Check out.
- 12:00 PM: Depart from Goa.
Final Thoughts (and a dose of honesty):
Hotel Celestial? Not perfect. The mosquitoes? A relentless, bloodthirsty horde. The rooms? Sometimes disappointing. But Goa? Magical. And the staff? Their smiles and generosity made the imperfections utterly forgivable.
Would I go back? Absolutely. Mosquitoes and all. Because, amidst the chaos, I found moments of pure joy. And honestly? I already kinda miss the little buggers. They were the perfect metaphor for the whole experience… a bit annoying, a bit itchy, but ultimately, a part of something unforgettable.
And, if those mosquitoes are reading this? You’re welcome for the snack. 😉
Unveiling Kalaw's Hidden Gem: Princess Hotel Myanmar Awaits!
Right, so... is this place *actually* paradise? Or is it just a cleverly marketed Instagram trap?
Alright, let's be real. "Paradise" is a word that gets thrown around more than a beach ball at a rave. Celestiial? It's... *leaning* towards paradise, but with some definite baggage. The Instagram pics? They're stunning. Crystal clear pool, sun-drenched balconies, perfect cocktails. And yeah, the *views*... the Arabian Sea whispering sweet nothings… sigh… they're pretty dang spectacular. But then reality hits you like a rogue wave. Like, the "serene" pool can get a bit rowdy. The "perfect" cocktail might take a solid 20 minutes to arrive and come out a little weak. And the "spacious" balcony? Turns out, it's only spacious if you’re a tiny crab. So, paradise *adjacent*. Think of it like a really good airport – nice, polished, but you’re still waiting for a flight. (Which, by the way, I *missed* one because the taxi driver got lost. More on that later…)
The rooms. Tell me *everything* about the rooms! Are they worth the hype (and the price tag)?
Okay, the rooms. Okay. Let's start with the good. The *beds*. Oh, sweet mother of all things comfortable, those beds! I swear, I haven't slept that well since… well, since I was a toddler and had no responsibilities. Cloud-like mattresses, crisp linens, the whole shebang. You could easily spend a week just living in that bed, ordering room service, and watching terrible reality TV. And the bathrooms? Generally, they're lovely. Modern, spacious, with those fancy rain showers that make you feel like you’re starring in a luxury shampoo commercial.
Now, the *less* good. My first room? The AC unit sounded like a jet engine taking off. I’m talking legitimately disturbing levels of noise, which made sleeping impossible. Complained, of course. They *did* move me, which was a relief, but then… remember that "spacious" balcony? Well, it was attached to a room that overlooked the service entrance. Romantic, right? Also, the lighting in the rooms is a little… dim. Like, is it supposed to be romantic or am I on my way to the morgue? Honestly, the rooms are a bit of a mixed bag. Sometimes they're worth the price, sometimes they're… well, they're a reminder that even paradise has its flaws. Like the time my roommate forgot his toothbrush… and the subsequent 3 hours spent trying to find an open store. Ugh.
What about the food? Is it edible, or do you need to pack emergency granola bars?
Okay, the food… here's the thing. The breakfast buffet? Honestly, it's pretty damn good. Eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit, delicious pastries. My only gripe? The crows. Those little winged bandits! They're absolutely ruthless. Leaving your plate unattended for a *second* is a recipe for disaster. One time, I turned my back for literally 30 seconds to grab another coffee, and BAM! My entire plate of scrambled eggs was gone. Gone! I swear, I saw one of the little feathered fiends wink at me. But apart from the crow mafia situation, the breakfast is a win.
Lunch and dinner… a bit more of a gamble. The in-house restaurant attempts to be fancy, but sometimes falls a little flat. The service can be slow (a recurring theme, I'm afraid), and the food, well, it’s not always the price you pay for. It ranges from 'meh' to occasionally pretty darn tasty. They did have this *amazing* seafood platter one night, though… Honestly, I still dream about it. But it was a one-off, I think. So, the food? Pack some emergency granola bars, just in case. You'll never regret having a small bag of snacks, even if you end up not needing them (like me, who accidentally left them on the taxi I missed!).
The pool. I’ve seen the pictures. Is it as glorious as it looks? And more importantly, are there enough sun loungers?
The pool… Okay, let’s talk pool. Yes, the pictures are accurate. It *is* a stunning pool. Sparkling blue water, infinity edge, palm trees swaying in the breeze. Pure Instagram gold. Sun loungers? Now *that* is the million-dollar question. The short answer? No. Absolutely not. Unless you're the type who enjoys setting your alarm for 6 AM and staking out a sun lounger with your towel like a territorial seagull (spoiler alert: a lot of people are). It can be a bit of a bloodbath, honestly. I witnessed a near-physical fight over a prime lounger one morning. It was like a scene from a wildlife documentary. And the other guests? Let's just say, some people have a *very* liberal interpretation of personal space when they’re near a pool. But hey, the water is refreshing, and the view… well, the view is totally worth the potential for a little bit of sun lounger drama. But again… prepare to fight or get up early. Really, really early.
Let's talk about the service. Is it up to par? And what about tips? Do they expect them?
Service… Okay, this is where Celestiial gets a bit… inconsistent. Some staff members are genuinely lovely, warm, and go above and beyond to help. They make you feel like a valued guest. Then, there are the others. The ones who seem to have forgotten they're working in a hospitality environment. The ones who take 20 minutes to bring you a coffee, or who seem genuinely bewildered when you ask for a bottle of water. It's a bit of a mixed bag, and it's something I can't quite put my finger on. It varies from day to day and person to person.
Tips? Yes, they're expected, but thankfully not aggressively so. A small tip for good service is always appreciated, and you'll find that the staff who *do* go above and beyond certainly deserve it. It's the inconsistency that's the problem. One day, you're being showered with attention, the next, you're left waving frantically for someone to bring you a spoon for your cereal. But hey, you're on vacation, right? Bring some patience, and a few snacks. You'll survive.
Candolim itself. Is it a good base for exploring Goa?
Candolim? It's alright. It's definitely a bit more chilled out than some of the other beaches. You've got a decent selection of restaurants and bars, some shops, and the beach, of course. It's a good base, yes. It’s close enough to the more vibrant areas like Calangute and Baga if you want a taste of the real Goa, but it's also quiet enough that you can relax. But. The roads! Traffic is a nightmare, especially during peak season. Getting anywhere can take forever. And don't even get me started on finding a reliable taxi driver. (That'sHotel Haven Now

