
Unbelievable Norway Getaway: Oppdal Turisthotell Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Unbelievable Norway Getaway: Oppdal Turisthotell Awaits! And honestly, after sifting through all the nitty-gritty (and believe me, there is a lot of nitty-gritty), I’m ready to give you the real lowdown. This isn’t some polished brochure description; this is the unfiltered, slightly-caffeinated truth.
First Impressions: The Mountain Air and the Murmurs of… Logistics
Right off the bat, Oppdal Turisthotell screams "Norway." Think postcard-perfect views, crisp air that slaps you awake, and that vague feeling of being terribly, wonderfully, lost in a good way. Getting there? Well, that depends on what you're into. They DO offer Airport transfer which is a huge plus (because trust me, navigating Norwegian public transport with luggage… shudders). They also have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], which, considering the mountain location, is pretty essential.
Accessibility: Let's get real – accessibility is a big deal, and it's great to see they take it seriously. The hotel boasts Facilities for disabled guests, which is a great start. They specifically mention Elevator, and that’s a lifesaver for anyone with mobility issues. I didn't see specific details on room accessibility (e.g., roll-in showers), so it's crucial to call ahead and confirm your specific needs. Don't just assume, ask!
The Rooms: Cozy Nests or Creature Comforts?
Okay, the list of room features is long. I’ll try to break it down:
- The Basics (and they're GOOD): Air conditioning, Air conditioning in the public area, Daily housekeeping, Wi-Fi [free] (praise be!), Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Satellite/cable channels, Smoke detector, Wake-up service - basically, all the essentials.
- The Little Luxuries: Bathrobes, Bathtub, Coffee/tea maker, Mini bar, Seating area, Slippers, Towels (thank goodness), Blackout curtains (essential for those midnight sun situations!). These are touches that make a difference.
- Tech Head: Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN. This is a good thing for people with different internet options.
- The 'Meh' (depending on you): Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathroom phone, Carpeting, Closet, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, High floor, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Scale, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Window that opens. Look, these are nice to have, but not deal-breakers.
I'm particularly thankful for the Soundproofing though, because let’s be honest, sometimes you need a haven from… well, anything. Also, the Extra long bed is a win for us tall folks!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling Your Adventures (or Just Your Stomach)
Alright, this is where things get interesting. Lots of options, but let's get real: you're in Norway; it won't be cheap.
The High-End (and Possibly the Expensive): A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. This is a wide array of international stuff, which looks good!
The Casual: Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Snack bar. Perfect for chilling out and letting the views wash over you.
The Practical: Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Breakfast takeaway service, Room service [24-hour], Alternative meal arrangement. Okay, the buffet is good to hear. Room service 24 hours is perfect for late-night hunger pangs.
The Slightly Less Practical (but with potential): Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Bottle of Water, Buffet in restaurant.
Specific food consideration: Individually-wrapped food options and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
My Take on Dining: The range is awesome, but I’m particularly excited about the prospect of a hearty Norwegian breakfast before hitting the slopes. I’d also be curious about the Asian cuisine – could be a fun break from the usual. Always look for the Happy Hour deals!
Relaxation and Rejuvenation: Spa Days and Mountain Magic
The Big Guns: Spa, Spa/sauna, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Sauna, Steamroom, Pool with view, Massage. Oh. My. God. The potential for extreme relaxation is OFF THE CHARTS. The Pool with a view alone is reason enough to book. This is where the hotel really shines.
The Extras: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath.
My Rant on Relaxation: I NEED the sauna. I NEED the massage. Seriously, after a day of hiking (or, let's be honest, pretending to hike), this is pure bliss. I think I would spend half my vacation in the spa. That is the luxury you need. You are in Norway!
Cleanliness and Safety: Keeping You Safe and Sound
This is the most important category. I'm relieved to see they take it seriously.
Top Notch Hygienic Measures: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Okay, this is what you want to see.
Practical Considerations: First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call, Cashless payment service, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup.
Nice, but not essential: Hygiene certification, Shared stationery removed, Room sanitization opt-out available.
Services and Conveniences: Beyond the Bed and Breakfast
Look, hotels are more than just a place to sleep. This hotel provides:
Convenience is King: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area.
Business Travelers Rejoice: Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Invoice provided, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. They are fully equipped.
Shopping Spree: Gift/souvenir shop. Great for those last-minute presents.
My View: The 24-hour front desk is essential. It makes things so much easier.
For the Kids: Family Fun (or a Quiet Escape?)
- The Family: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly.
My Thoughts on the Family Aspect: Though a bit skimpy here, there's no specific mention of play areas or kids' clubs, so this is definitely something to clarify when booking if you're traveling with children. The pool should keep them entertained.
Getting Around: Transportation Tactics
- The Essential: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
Why I Love It: The free parking is amazing. The power charging station is a very smart move.
The Quirks & The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, here’s the truth – no hotel is perfect. I’d want to see more details on the accessibility of specific rooms and the availability of kids' activities. Also, with such a range of activities available, it would be nice to have the schedule of all activities scheduled ahead of time!
The "Unbelievable" Offer: A Mountain Escape for Your Soul (and Selfie Game)
Okay, here’s the deal:
(Offer: "The Oppdal Adventure Package")
- The Hook: Come experience the magic of Oppdal with our exclusive "Oppdal Adventure Package"! *

Oppdal, You Glorious, Weird Beast: A Messy Itinerary (and My Sanity Check)
Alright, so, here's the thing. I’m in Oppdal. Beautiful, snow-dusted Oppdal, at the foot of… something big and mountainous. And I'm trying to pretend I have my life together enough to put together a travel itinerary. Don't judge. It's the illusion of control I crave, okay? Let's see if it survives the first reindeer sighting.
Day 1: Arrival, Altitude Adjustment (and a Crumbling Reputation)
- 14:00: Arrive at Oppdal Turisthotell. "Turisthotell." Sounds fancy, right? Like a place where you'd meet a charming Scandinavian detective solving a murder with a lutefisk buffet in the background. Reality? It’s… comfy. A bit faded, like a favorite armchair you've loved to death. Check-in was a breeze. Except I nearly tripped over a rogue ski boot and almost took out a small child with a pigtail the size of my head. First impression? I'm already making a name for myself.
- 14:30: Unpack. Or, attempt to. My suitcase exploded. I’m pretty sure my socks are plotting against me. Found a rogue granola bar. Score! Survival instinct? Activated.
- 15:00: Exploratory wander around the hotel. Found the sauna! (Victory!) Apparently, the pool is closed for maintenance. Oh well, progress? I saw a picture of a guy who looked like a Norwegian lumberjack, or maybe a biker, whatever. He looked like he was having fun. I'm willing to believe the sauna will be the same for me.
- 16:00: Attempt to conquer the Norwegian language. (Just kidding. I'll stick to "Takk" and "Øl" - the essentials.) I tried to order a coffee (seriously, I need that caffeine). The lovely lady at the reception gave me a look like I had grown a second head. Apparently, I pronounced something horribly wrong. Humiliated, I retreated with a lukewarm cup of something.
- 17:00: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Expectation: gourmet Nordic cuisine. Reality: Good solid food. The potatoes were excellent. The gravy, even better. The other diners, however, were intensely staring at me. I blame my questionable dance moves.
- 19:00: Stroll around the town. The landscape is breathtaking. Almost made me cry. Almost. My nose is running like a faucet in this cold air.
- 20:00: Collapse in bed. Journal time! Where I will probably cry a little and admit the travel is wonderful but a little overwhelming.
Day 2: Mountain Madness (and a Reindeer Rendezvous?)
- 07:00: Morning. Ugh, breakfast. I need something to help me make the day. Coffee? (I'm trying. Really trying.). I had to ask for the cereal. Again. Feeling like a total fool.
- 08:00: A hike! (Or what I think is a hike.) Head out for a pre-planned trek to a nearby… something. Don't remember the name. Point is mountains are involved. I’m wearing hiking boots and a look of fierce determination. This is where I plan to become one with nature. Or, at least, not completely embarrass myself.
- 09:00: Almost immediately, I got lost. Okay, not lost, just… temporarily disoriented. Turns out those helpful trail markers look a lot like… well, like everything else covered in snow. Then, a flash of movement! It was a REINDEER! (Possibly. I think it was. It ran away before I could get a clear photo. Probably embarrassed by my hiking gear.)
- 10:00: Back on the (allegedly) correct trail. The scenery is phenomenal. Seriously. I’m seriously considering selling everything and becoming a hermit here. Except, you know, the Wi-Fi. And the convenience of… well, everything I'm used to.
- 11:00: Reached some kind of summit. Amazing. The air is clean. The silence is golden. I may faint from the view.
- 12:00: Back to the hotel. Need more food. And a nap. And therapy. Okay not therapy yet but you know.
- 14:00: The sauna! This time I will learn how to pronounce the language.
- 17:00: Dinner. (Trying not to look at the other diners. Might invest in a pair of sunglasses.)
- 19:00: Planning time! Maybe not. (What is time anyway?)
Day 3: The Skiing Fiasco (and Existential Dread)
- 08:00: Coffee and contemplation of the day ahead.
- 09:00: SKIING LESSONS! This is where it all goes to hell. (Or, hopefully, the slightly-less-bad-than-hell). I am not a skier. I’m a faller. A face-planter. A destroyer of snow.
- 09:30: First lesson. I can barely stand upright but the instructor is really nice.
- 10:00: Fell. A lot. Like, a lot a lot.
- 11:00: More falling. Questioning all the life choices that led me to this moment. The instructor is starting to look vaguely worried.
- 12:00: Back to the hotel for lunch, which I ate, crying.
- 13:00: Sauna! (Needed that.)
- 14:00: Attempt to book another lesson. No luck.
- 15:00: Contemplation of next steps. Perhaps I will get back to nature.
- 17:00: Dinner. Feel like I will never be ready for the next day.
- 19:00: A movie? Yeah.
- 21:00: Sleep.
Day 4: Departure (and a Promise to Return, Eventually, Maybe)
- 07:00: Breakfast. Feeling a bit better.
- 08:00: One last stroll around town. Breathe in the fresh air. Memorize the mountains.
- 09:00: Pack. Again. And try not to burst into tears.
- 10:00: Drive back to the airport. Leaving this place.
- 12:00: Board the plane. Looking forward to a flight.
- 14:00: Landing. Back at home.
- 15:00: Plan the next trip!
So, there you have it. My messy, imperfect, and hopefully honest account of Oppdal. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Would I do anything differently? Probably not. (Except maybe learn to ski before I get here.) And yes, I'll be back. Because this place, despite the stumbles, the language barriers, and the occasional existential crisis, has a certain magic. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a strong drink and a very long nap.
Hwest Hotel Austria: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits You!
Unbelievable Norway Getaway: Oppdal Turisthotell - Let's Get Real (and Slightly Chaotic!)
So, Oppdal Turisthotell... Is it *really* "unbelievable"? Spill the beans!
Okay, the "unbelievable" marketing might be a *tad* hyperbolic. Let's just say it's... memorable. Look, Oppdal itself? Stunning. Picture-postcard perfect. The hotel? Well, it's got character. Think "grand old dame" who's seen a few winters (literally!). The lobby smells faintly of pine and maybe...history? I’m talking like, *Scandinavian* history, not your grandma's dusty attic.
I walked in, and immediately felt this… *thing*. It's not just the décor (more on that later), it’s the air. A certain quiet dignity. Like the mountains are whispering, "Chill, you stressed-out city person." But 'unbelievable'? Maybe. Depends on your definition. If "unbelievable" includes a slightly wonky shower and a breakfast buffet that occasionally runs out of the good pastries (snaps to the cinnamon buns when they're present, though!)… then yes, it's unbelievable.
What's the vibe like? Is it all cosiness and happy hikers?
Mostly happy hikers. And skiers, if you're there in winter. Think wool sweaters, sensible boots, and a general air of "we just conquered a mountain, and now we're ready for hot cocoa." I loved it, honestly. It's not the place for a wild party (thank goodness!), but it *is* perfect for feeling like you’ve properly *escaped*. Like you’ve traded your deadlines for... well, maybe not *less* to do, but *different* things to do. Hiking, breathing fresh air, contemplating the meaning of life while staring at a fjord – that kinda thing. Evenings are surprisingly relaxed. The bar is… well, it's there. Gets the job done. Don't expect artisanal cocktails, expect good beer, hearty conversation, and maybe someone playing a melancholic tune on a guitar. It's charming, alright?
My highlight? One night, this elderly couple (pure Norwegians, I swear) started doing a *very* slow waltz in the lobby. Just out of the blue. It was the most unexpectedly beautiful thing I'd seen in ages. That’s the Oppdal magic right there.
The rooms! What are they *really* like? (Be honest, I can handle it.)
Okay, here's the *real* lowdown. The rooms? Vary. I mean, they're not like, *horrendous*, but they’re not exactly a minimalist haven either. Expect classic Norwegian charm. Think: wood paneling. Possibly floral wallpaper. (I'm pretty sure I saw a room with both at one point!). They're clean, and comfortable enough. Definitely not the Ritz. But they *are* warm, which is a huge bonus if you've been out hiking in the rain (which, let's be honest, is highly probable in Norway!).
My main room hiccup? The shower pressure. Okay, it was more like a gentle trickle. You'll need patience (which, let's be honest, is a Norwegian requirement). But hey, you can always use the sauna to properly detox. It's all part of the experience, right? And honestly, after a day in the mountains, a slightly less-than-powerful shower felt… kind of relaxing. Like, I wasn’t in a rush anyway.
Food! Is the buffet worth it? I'm a big eater.
Oh, the buffet. It's… an experience. Okay, let's be upfront: it’s not Michelin-star dining. But it's plentiful, it's hearty, and it's got something for everyone. Think: a massive spread of bread, cheeses (the Norwegian ones, *amazing*), cold cuts, the aforementioned cinnamon buns (seriously, hunt them down!), scrambled eggs, bacon (sometimes), and… well, let’s just say it covers your basic needs.
My advice? Go for the local stuff. Pile your plate high with the brown cheese (it's sweet and caramelly; trust me on this one), the smoked salmon, and the rye bread. And for the love of all that is holy, try the waffles! They serve waffles which is, in my opinion, the perfect breakfast fuel for conquering the mountains. Embrace the mess, embrace the potential for food coma. That's Oppdal. That's Norway.
*Side rant:* What I'm not a fan about? Breakfast sausage. It was there. But I was not a fan of it. Still, everything else was pretty solid.
What’s the best thing to do around Oppdal? Give me the goods!
The best thing? *Get outside!* Oppdal is all about the great outdoors. Hiking is king. There are trails for every level, from gentle strolls to challenging climbs. The views? Unbelievable (yes, I'm using it!). The air is crisp, the waterfalls are breathtaking, and the silence is (sometimes) deafening.
Consider a trip to Trollheimen. It is gorgeous and challenging even to an amateur. There are gorgeous waterfalls! I took a picture to make my friends jealous. I may have fallen in a puddle while I was taking that picture, but I'm not ashamed.
In winter? Skiing, obviously. Oppdal is a great ski area. Even a terrible skier like myself had fun.
Worst thing about the hotel. Really, just be honest.
(Deep breath). Okay. Here's the truth. One morning… and it was the one morning I *really* wanted a coffee, the coffee machine broke. Now look, I get it. Machines have off days. But it was a *catastrophe.* Suddenly, the calm, serene lobby was filled with caffeine-deprived hikers making sad, defeated noises. I'm talking about the low moans of coffee-deprived people here. Seriously. Imagine the apocalypse. Replace zombies with people in wool sweaters and you have the scene. Eventually, they got it fixed. After what felt like an eternity. My advice? If you're a coffee addict, pack instant. Just in case.
And, I reiterate, that shower thing. It wasn't *awful*, but… well, it’s not going to win any awards.
And finally… would you go back?
Absolutely, 100%. Coffee machine meltdowns and all. Oppdal Turisthotell isn’t about luxury; it’s about a *feeling*. Of being away from it all. Of embracing the simplicity and beauty of the Norwegian landscape. It’s about the unexpected waltz in the lobby, the taste of brown cheese at breakfast, the feeling a sense of peace that you just can't grasp at home. ItBest Rest Finder

