
Sheraton Stonebriar: Dallas Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe!
Sheraton Stonebriar: Dallas Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe! (And Maybe Get a Little Stressed… But That's Okay!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a whirlwind stay at the Sheraton Stonebriar in Dallas, and let me tell you, it was a ride. Going in, the brochure promised "luxury getaway". Coming out? Well, it mostly delivered. And hey, isn't a little chaos part of the fun?
First Impressions and Accessibility: Smooth Sailing (Mostly!)
The drive up? Easy peasy. Free parking? YES, PLEASE! (Always a win in a city like Dallas). The building itself is impressive – modern, sleek, and definitely screams "expensive". Getting in? Accessible entrances are clearly marked, thank goodness! I'm happy to report they've put some thought into this. Wheelchair access is pretty good overall, and the elevators seem spacious and well-maintained. Score one for accessibility! I felt like I could navigate most spaces without a Herculean effort. (Although I did spot a slightly wonky ramp leading to the… checks notes…gift shop. Okay, maybe not every space.)
Rooms: Comfort & Tech (Sometimes… Too Much Tech)
My room? Oh, my ROOM. It had everything, seriously. A super comfy bed, a desk perfect for pretending to work (while actually watching the Olympics on the HUGE TV – yes, there were on-demand movies, bless). The blackout curtains were a GODSEND. Slept like a baby. And that bathroom? Bliss. Separate shower/bathtub situation, fluffy robes, and all the miniature toiletries a girl could dream of. The only slight snag? The sheer VOLUME of tech. The lights, the TV, the…everything…was controlled by some kind of digital wizardry. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out how to just turn the lights on. But hey, once I mastered the light switch (okay, I gave up and used the bedside lamp), it was pure relaxation.
The Wi-Fi Saga (Cue Dramatic Music)
Let’s get real. Wi-Fi. The bane of every traveler's existence. The Sheraton boasts “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!", and technically, that's true. Except… it was spotty. Like, "Netflix buffering during the best part of a rom-com" spotty. I tried the [LAN] connection too, but no luck. Wi-Fi for special events? Hmm. The main Wi-Fi in public areas worked well enough to check my dwindling bank account balance. Oh, and I loved that I could get a coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby and keep working! (Although the price of the caffeine was, to be honest, somewhat astronomical. My poor wallet.)
Dining: Food, Glorious Food (and Some Room for Improvement)
Alright, the food! This is where things got interesting. First off, the convenience store came in clutch when I was peckish at 3 am (a girl's gotta eat!). Breakfast, I went for the full-blown buffet. It was sprawling. Sprawling. International cuisine? Check. Western breakfast? Check. Asian breakfast? Check. Coffee shop? Check. My plate looked like a culinary war crime, but it was all delicious. But, and this is a BIG but, it was a little bit like herding cats. The buffet felt a little too busy. I did see some fresh fruit and salad in the restaurant at lunch. I have very little tolerance for badly done salad, so I only peeked. The Asian restaurant was intriguing. I'd heard there was a vegetarian restaurant, but was unable to find it. The poolside bar was tempting (because, duh), but I never actually made it there. They do offer room service 24/7, which is a MAJOR plus in my book. And the bottle of water in the room? Always welcome. (Especially after a long day of trying to decipher the light switches!)
The Spa & Relaxation: From Zero to Zen (Eventually!)
This is where the Sheraton really shines. OOOOOOH, the spa! The spa! I indulged in a body wrap and a massage – pure heaven. The sauna, the steamroom, the pool with a view – it's all there, and it's all glorious. Okay, maybe the “pool with a view” wasn't quite as dramatic as the promotional photos suggested. But you do get a nice view of the surrounding area, which is good. The fitness center was well-equipped (if you’re into that sort of thing). I tried the foot bath once. It was just okay. (I am not much for foot baths, I am realizing.) My goal, truly, was to get to peak relaxation.
Cleanliness, Safety, and That COVID Thing (Don't Worry, They've Got You)
Let’s be honest, we’re all a little paranoid about germs these days. The Sheraton Stonebriar takes things seriously. They’ve got the anti-viral cleaning products, the daily disinfection, the sanitizing equipment… the whole shebang. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and all that? They've got it covered. You can even opt out of room sanitization. They're really going all out. Hand sanitizer is EVERYWHERE. Staff were masked and seemed well trained. Good signs! Physical distancing? Pretty decent, though I did witness the occasional overeager tourist.
Things To Do (Besides Eating, Sleeping, and Spa-ing!)
Okay, so besides the obvious relaxation stuff, what else? Honestly, the location is great. There's shopping nearby, a couple of attractions, etc. But, let's be real, I spent most of my time in the hotel. The pool is an option. There's an outdoor venue for special events. I was there for a wedding, which was beautiful (shout out to the wedding planners!). Also, the hotel offers babysitting service for the kids in your life!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Concierge? Excellent. They’re helpful. Daily housekeeping? Spotless. The doorman? Always a friendly face. Dry cleaning, laundry service, ironing service - yes, yes, and yes! The gift shop is cute. They provide an invoice. They have a car park (free!). They’ve thought of pretty much everything. The only thing missing? A psychic to help me understand the complicated light switch system.
The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Life Isn't Perfect)
Okay, so maybe the elevator system wasn't the fastest. And I swear that the coffee machine in my room was plotting against me. The room decorations were a little… generic. The proposal spot? I'm not sure I found one. I guess the pool? All I’m saying is, it’s all charmingly imperfect too.
The Big Question: Would I Go Back?
Honestly? YES. Despite the Wi-Fi woes and the slightly overwhelming tech, the Sheraton Stonebriar offers a genuinely luxurious experience. The spa alone is worth the trip. The staff are friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and the location is fantastic. If you're looking for a Dallas getaway where you can truly unwind (and maybe get a little lost in the digital jungle of the room controls), this is a solid choice.
My Recommendation: Go, but Bring Your Own Router (Kidding!… Mostly.)
Here’s the Pitch (That's the SEO part!):
Escape to Luxury at the Sheraton Stonebriar: Dallas's Ultimate Getaway!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a luxurious retreat that balances relaxation and vibrant Dallas energy? Look no further than the Sheraton Stonebriar, a premier Dallas hotel offering an unforgettable experience.
- Indulge in unparalleled comfort: Sink into plush beds, enjoy spacious rooms flooded with natural light, and unwind in bathrooms equipped with everything you could wish for.
- Pamper yourself: Experience pure bliss at our world-class spa. Treat yourself with a revitalizing massage, rejuvenating body wrap, or a soak in the sauna. The Sheraton Stonebriar is the ultimate destination for wellness and relaxation.
- Savor culinary delights: From a lavish buffet breakfast to international cuisine at our on-site restaurants and a poolside bar, our dining options cater to every palate.
- Seamless accessibility: We prioritize your comfort. with fully accessible facilities, including elevators, accessible rooms, and public spaces designed for effortless navigation, making your stay smooth and enjoyable.
- Unbeatable convenience: Enjoy a range of amenities, including free parking, a well-equipped fitness center, a sparkling outdoor pool, and exceptional service from our attentive staff.
- Impeccable hygiene and safety: Rest assured, we are committed to providing a worry-free environment. We adhere to rigorous cleaning protocols, including anti-viral cleaning products, frequent disinfection, and readily available hand sanitizers.
- Perfect for: Couples seeking a romantic escape, families looking for a fun-filled vacation, or business travelers requiring exceptional facilities. We even offer a babysitting service!
- Book Your Dallas Dream Getaway Today! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to experience the epitome of luxury and relaxation. Visit our website or call now to book your stay at the Sheraton Stonebriar and create memories that will last a lifetime. It's a Dallas Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe! *

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my utterly chaotic, but hopefully entertaining, adventure at the Sheraton Stonebriar in the US of A. Consider this less a meticulously planned itinerary and more…a chronicle of survival. Prepare for a rollercoaster.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great (and Really Hungry) Unknown
1:00 PM: Arrived at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. Okay, first hurdle: finding the shuttle. The stress levels are already rising – the airport always feels like a giant, malfunctioning beige vacuum cleaner. Finally, after a near-panic attack involving too many moving walkways and a desperate call to the hotel, I found the damn thing.
- Anecdote: The shuttle driver? Bless his heart. He was clearly having a bad day. He grumbled about traffic, the price of gas, and the fact that his "favorite" passenger (me, obviously) kept asking if we were almost there. I felt a weird mix of pity and pure, unadulterated anxiety.
2:30 PM: Check-in at the Sheraton. The lobby is…well, it's a lobby. Perfectly fine, but a little… bland? It's like a beige rectangle where ambition goes to die. The front desk staff was friendly enough, though I swear they perfected the art of the customer service smile that doesn't quite reach the eyes.
3:00 PM: Room reconnaissance. The room? Standard hotel fare. Cleanish, but with a suspicion of lingering air freshener that smelled suspiciously like my grandma's potpourri. The bed looked inviting, beckoning me with promises of Netflix and oblivion.
- Quirky Observation: Did I mention the lack of natural light? It was like living in a polite cave. I immediately started to feel the beginnings of a Vitamin D deficiency. Note to self: Pack a sun lamp next time.
4:00 PM: The Hunger Games begin. I skipped lunch (rookie mistake), and my stomach was staging a full-blown rebellion. Went in search of the hotel restaurant, "Black Cat".
Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated relief washing over me when I saw food. I ordered a burger – the kind of burger that screams "I'm here for immediate gratification."
Messier Structure: This burger…oh, the burger. It was a decent burger, don't get me wrong. But… it wasn’t amazing. It was…a burger. I ate it, I enjoyed it, but I also felt a small, existential dread creeping in. Was this it? The peak of my culinary experience for this trip?
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM Tried to chill in the room but work emails made me feel miserable. Took a brief nap. Felt gross.
Day 2: The Stonebriar Shuffle and My Quest for Coffee
7:00 AM: Wake up call and the realization that I have NO coffee. Panic sets in. Hotel coffee? Usually a crime against humanity. I vow to seek out a real coffee shop.
- Opinionated Language: This whole hotel coffee situation is an insult! They know we need caffeine to function! It's a basic human right!
8:00 AM: Breakfast at Black Cat (again, sigh). At this point, I was basically considered "a regular". The server recognized me and gave me the “sympathetic glance”. The breakfast buffet was, let's say, varied. The scrambled eggs looked vaguely yellow, and the bacon looked like it was trying to escape the buffet. I opted for the yogurt and fruit, because apparently I was trying to be healthy.
9:00 AM: Work meetings. Blah, blah, blah. The fluorescent lights were not helping.
12:00 PM: Lunch (or a Sad Desk Salad). I managed to sneak away from the meetings, so I ordered a overpriced salad from the hotel restaurant and ate at my desk.
- Anecdote: The salad? Remember that sad, limp lettuce I've been talking about? It was that. The dressing tasted like sadness, and a single rogue crouton mocked me from the bottom of the container.
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: More work. More meetings. More staring at the beige walls and wondering if I'd accidentally slipped into the twilight zone.
6:00 PM: The Coffee Quest, Finally! After a grueling day, and having survived the salad, I ventured out, armed with a Google Maps search for "good coffee near me".
- Doubling Down on the Experience: Coffee, people. The actual, good, honest-to-god coffee. The independent coffee shop was an oasis. The smell of freshly ground beans, the low hum of conversation, the friendly barista who actually smiled with genuine teeth… It was magic. I ordered a latte and savored every single, glorious sip. It was a moment of pure joy, a tiny rebellion against the beige monotony of my hotel existence. I could have stayed there all day.
7:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Dinner by myself. Watched something in my room.
Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Smell of Air Freshener
7:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee from the good coffee shop (thank god).
8:00 AM: Pack. Vow to never again pack so last minute.
9:00 AM: Check out. Hotel staff was again pleasant, which means mostly a facade.
10:00 AM: Shuttle to airport (again, praying it will arrive on time).
11:00 AM: Security. The chaos of an airport never gets old.
12:00 PM: Departure. Goodbye, Sheraton Stonebriar! You were…an experience.
Final Thoughts and Emotional Reactions: Honestly, the hotel was… fine. Perfectly adequate. But I couldn't shake the feeling that it was missing something. Maybe it was the lack of natural light. Maybe it was the sheer lack of personality. Maybe it was the lingering smell of air freshener that clung to me like a particularly clingy ex. Regardless, I survived. I found coffee. I made it through. And that, my friends, is a victory in itself. Now, to find some decent food in the next city so that doesn't have to start all over again.

Sheraton Stonebriar: Dallas (Sort Of) Luxury Getaway... Buckle Up. You've Been Warned.
Okay, So... Is it REALLY "luxury"? 'Cause I've seen those hotel ads. They lie.
Alright, let's be real. "Luxury" is subjective. Did I feel like I was bathing in gold and being fed grapes by scantily clad... well, no. Not quite. But, and this is a BIG but, it's *comfortably* luxurious. Think… polished, well-maintained, and with enough amenities that you *feel* pampered, especially if you're escaping the chaos of, say, trying to assemble a flat-pack bookcase. That being said, the elevators… don't even get me *started*. More on that later.
Is it the Four Seasons? Absolutely not. Is it worth the price? Depends. If you can snag a deal, absolutely YES. If you're paying peak season rates with a side of expectations of a perfectly curated experience, you might have to adjust a tad. Expect a solid, relaxing stay. Anything above? Bonus baby!
What's the Vibe? Like, what kind of people hang out there? And are there any *drama llamas* I need to be aware of?
The vibe is… approachable. It's not stuffy. I saw families, couples, business folks (likely wishing they were somewhere WAY more exciting, bless their hearts), and a smattering of bridal parties. The overall atmosphere is friendly and relaxed – minus a slight edge during any potential elevator-related issues, which are entirely possible.
Drama llamas? Hmm... Not in a *visible*, screaming-matches-in-the-lobby kind of way. But, you know, people are people. There was a *slight* incident involving a spilled mimosa and a questionable fashion choice in the bar. But hey, drama is part of the fun, right? Just, maybe, keep an eye out for rogue orange juice stains around brunch. Trust me.
The Rooms! Spill the tea. Are they *actually* nice? What about the views?
The rooms? Pretty damn good. Spacious, clean, and the beds… oh, the beds! Cloud-like. I basically melted into it after a long day. We’re talking serious “I could sleep in this for a week” levels of comfy. Some rooms have views (requested a higher floor), others... you might get a lovely view of the parking lot. Ask. Politely. It can change everything.
My room? A decent view of the distant city, with the sun setting. It wasn't the Eiffel Tower, but hey, Texas sunsets are pretty great too, right? And the bathroom? Not the size of a ballroom, but perfectly functional with good water pressure. I'm a sucker for a decent shower, and this passed the test, 100%.
The Amenities: Pool, Gym, Restaurants... Gimme the lowdown! Are they worth it?
Okay, buckle up, because here's where things get interesting!
- Pool: The pool is... nice. Pretty standard pool. Clean. Plenty of chairs. The bar service is a bonus, though sometimes, getting someone *attentive* towards your request can take a bit. Patience, young grasshopper.
- Gym: I’m a gym-phobe, meaning I generally avoid them. But, I briefly popped in. Looked like standard hotel gym fare. Treadmills, weights. People looked… sweaty. Good for those of you who have willpower.
- Restaurants: THIS is where things get a little more exciting. The on-site restaurant is decent (the steaks are amazing, by the way!), but the real win is the location. Stonebriar is a *goldmine* for restaurants. From casual joints (I devoured incredible tacos) to more upscale places, you're spoiled for choice. Explore, even if it's a short ride away!
Okay, the IMPORTANT questions: the Elevators! I've heard things... are they a gamble? Do I need to pack snacks?
THE ELEVATORS. Oh, sweet, sweet elevators. This is where my memory gets a little... fuzzy, but in the best way! Let's just say, they have a *character* all their own. During my stay, they were… unpredictable. At times, they were efficient, whisking you smoothly to your floor like magic. Other times, they were… temperamental. You might get your workout in waiting for one. Consider stairs if you're not on the top floor! Seriously. It might be faster, if you ask me.
Do you need snacks? Maybe. Just in case you get stuck. Do you need a sense of humor? Absolutely. Because you *will* see people on the elevator looking like they've aged a decade from sheer frustration. I won't say more but I'm leaving it bare so you can paint your own picture with your expectation.
Is it good for a romantic getaway? Or is it more... "family friendly"?
Honestly? It's a bit of both. There were definitely romantic couples there getting cozy. The pool can be a good spot. The restaurants near the hotel? Perfect for a date. The rooms are great for some alone time (wink, wink). But, families seemed to be there in equal measure: maybe not for the most secluded of vacation, but for a nice time nonetheless.
So, depends on what you're after. If you want *pure* romance, maybe scope out a smaller, boutique hotel. But if you want a comfortable base for a couples getaway with some options, it's a solid choice. If you want a family, it's a family-friendly place which is really the point!
Anything I should be aware of BEFORE I book? Like, hidden fees? Things they DON'T tell you?
Hidden fees? Always check! Make sure you understand the parking situation (it's usually a fee). Read the fine print. And, pro-tip: sign up for any loyalty/discount programs *before* you book. It's usually free and can definitely save you some cash.
One thing they might not tell you upfront: the proximity to great shopping. Seriously. This hotel is in a prime location. You could spend an entire day browsing the nearby shops. This can be a blessing (retail therapy!) or a curse (hello, impulse buys!). Consider this before booking (for your wallet's sake!).
Would you go back? Be honest!
Good question. Honestly? Yep. I probably would. Especially if there's a good rate and I'm in the mood for some casual comfort. The location is great. The beds are heavenly. The potential for elevator-related drama adds a certain… spice to the experience. And, I've learned to embrace the occasional mimosa-related incident. It'Rest Nest Hotels

